A WAR memorial which has recently been refurbished has been re-dedicated in a special service.
About 60 people attended the dedication of the Carrington War Memorial, off the seven mile straight, including four standards from various military organisations and members of the Royal British Legion. The service was conducted by the Rev Rosemary Taylor and Mareham Silver Band played the Last Post and Reveille.
Organiser Fred Hunt recited the act of homage and after the service members retired to the village hall.
The original memorial was dedicated in Carrington Church, on Sunday, May 25, 1920, at a ceremony conducted by the Rev W.T. Fielding.
The refurbishment cost £4,080 with funding from the War Memorial Trust, East Lindsey District Council, and Carrington parishioners. The work was carried out by William Kent Memorials.