Snake rescued from house fire

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Fire crews rescued a snake from a fire in Swineshead yesterday (Tuesday).

The crews from Donington and Boston attended the bedroom fire at Cowley Close, at 3.57pm, which is belived to have been caused by a candle which was left unattended.

According to Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue’s Twitter feed the occupant was given oxygen and first aid after suffering ‘minor smoke inhalation’.

She was passed to paramedics but did not require hospital treatment.

A pet rat was also involved in the fire but sadly died at the scene.

There was fire damage to the bedroom and upstairs of the property and smoke damage to the remainder of the property.

It was extinguished using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

A fan was used to ventilate the property.

Lincs Fire and Rescue left the scene at 5.30pm.