A man was arrested for drink driving after knocking over a telephone pole and post box last night (Sunday).
Zbigniew Slaczalek, 32, of Glen Drive, in Boston, was arrested a short way from the accident on Welland Road after the red Vauxhall Astra he was driving collided with the objects, causing the pole to fall across the road.
He has been charged with driving with excess alcohol.
The road was closed from 6.50pm while the debris was cleared away.
It was originally thought power lines had been knocked over but was later revealed to be BT phone lines.
Slaczalek will appear at Boston Magistrates Court on March 20.
Monday, March 4, 8.57am – Welland Road in Boston is shut this morning because of fallen power cables.
The closure - both ways between the A52 Sleaford Road and South Parade - is in place while recovery work takes place to the cables.
There is also debris in the road to clear.
It is not yet known what caused the cables to fall.
- UKIP councillors: “We’re not racist”
- Missing man ‘may have returned to Boston’
- Open prison absconder charged with indecent exposure, knifepoint robbery, burglary and serious assaults
- “I want to be picking up trophies!” Carl Piergianni hopes Boston United can help him get over his Corby Town relegation
- Legal firm warns cuts could be ‘death knell’ for profession
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West