Tributes have been pouring into the Standard’s Facebook wall to ‘brilliant dad and grandad’ Shaun Scholes.
The body of Mr Scholes, 51, of Drove Road, Freiston, was found in a caravan at 3.30pm on Sunday afternoon.
Since the story appeared on the Standard’s website tributes have been paid on our Facebook wall from family and friends.
Comments as they appear include:
○ Coral Scholes said: “R.I.P dad sleep tight love and miss you always xxxx.”
○ Alex Kirkham said: “R.I.P Shaun, you’ll be truly missed, a great man and a brilliant Dad and grandad, you’ll be forever missed dude. Love you loads bud. Look down and look after us. Sleep tight xx”
○ Pete Sarah Rippin said: “Sorry to hear this sad news Alex, I’ve not seen Shaun for a few years but he was a good mate through school and after thoughts are with you all.”
○ Nikki Blackamore said: “R.i.p Shaun. U are going to be missed .. Gutted doesn’t come close! Xxx”
○ Gary Graves said: “R.I.P shaun a great man and mate.”
A police spokesman has confirmed that a post mortem was carried out yesterday (Monday) and officers are now awaiting the results of various tests to establish the exact cause of his death. The death is still being treated as ‘unexplained’.
Police are now trying to trace Mr Scholes’ last known movements.
Anyone with information should call the non-emergency number 101, quoting Incident 357 of July 27, 2014.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
If you want to leave a tribute, comment below or add it to the posts on our Facebook wall.