‘Unattended candle’ was cause of house fire in Fishtoft

House fire, Chestnut Road, Fishtoft.

House fire, Chestnut Road, Fishtoft.

A fire at a house in Fishtoft was caused by an ‘unattended candle’, emergency services have confirmed.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman confirmed investigations had now been completed and the cause determined.

The fire was reported at the address in Chestnut Road, at about 2.50am, on Monday morning.

Four people were rescued from the house with a 24-year-old man reported to be left ‘seriously ill in hospital’ and two women aged 30 and 56 reportedly being treated for minor injuries.

MONDAY 8.50AM: Three people in hospital after bedroom fire in Fishtoft

A 24-year-man is seriously ill in hospital after a mattress caught fire at a house in Fishtoft this morning,

In total, three people are being treated after the fire started in an upstairs bedroom shortly before 3am.

The man was taken to Nottingham City Hospital where he is said to be in a serious condition.

Two women, aged 30 and 56, have been treated at Pilgrim Hospital, Boston, for more minor injuries.

An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the fire.

MONDAY 8.30AM: Four people rescued from house fire in Fishtoft

Firefighters have been called out to a blaze at a house in Fishtoft in the early hours of this morning.

Four people had to be rescued from a house in Chestnut Road, Fishtoft, after a blaze broke out at about 2.50am.

Fire crews from Boston and Kirton wore breathing apparatus while using a water hose reel to put out the fire.

Paramedics and police are at the scene while firefighters damp down at the house.