UPDATE: Bungalow fire started by electrical fault

The bungalow on Monteith Crescent.
The bungalow on Monteith Crescent.

An electrical fault in a hi-fi unit caused a blaze at a bungalow in Boston this morning (Wednesday), according to the fire service.

The force tweeted that there had been fire damage to the living room and roof space of the building and smoke damage to the remainder of the property.

The bungalow on Monteith Crescent.

The bungalow on Monteith Crescent.

They said it was extinguished using two hose reels, one main jet, four breathing apparatus and one Cobra unit.

Four crews from Boston, Leverton and Donington originally attended the fire whihc was called in to them at just after 7am.

One crew later remained to dampen down the fire.

WEDNESDAY, 9.41pm - Firefighters are damping down after a major house fire on Monteith Crescent in Boston this morning (Wednesday).

According to a Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman the alarm was raised just after 7am and four appliances were in attendance - two from Boston, one from Leverton and one from Donington.

The bungalow was said to be ‘well alight’ when crews arrived and at the height of the blaze firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and a main jet to bring it under control.

The spokesman said: “All persons are accounted for. We have not yet established the cause of the fire.”

Further updates to follow when available.