UPDATE: Fire at Boston pub due to fault with karaoke machine

The Woad Man pub, on Church Road, Boston.
The Woad Man pub, on Church Road, Boston.

The fire at the Woad Man pub this morning (Monday) was caused by an electrical fault, officials have said.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the fire damaged one karaoke machine, heat damage to 50 per cent of bar the area and severe smoke damage to rest of ground floor.

A spokesman said one man was asleep upstairs at the time of the incident, but was woken by his dog and got out in time.

Monday, 9.50am – Three crews were called out to attend a fire at a Boston pub this morning (Monday).

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue officers from Boston, Kirton and Leverton were called to the Woad Man Pub on Church Road, in Boston, at about 6.58am.

At the time the services Twitter feed advised local residents to keep their doors and windows shut to avoid smoke entering properties.

It later said: “Crews used Cobra to extinguish the fire, four breathing apparatus are being used to ventilate the building.”

Further details are yet to be released.