A fire broke out at the county council’s waste transfer station in Boston on Saturday.
The incident happened at around 3pm at the Marsh Lane site and was said to have been caused by spontaneous combustion.
Fire crews from Boston, Kirton, Donington, Holbeach, Billingborough and Spalding attended.
Crews from Skegness also attended with an aerial ladder, while a water carrier was brought over from Holbeach.
The fire was extinguished using four hose reel jets and two breathing apparatus.
Damage was caused to a 10 by 20 metre area of the interior of the portal frame building and 50 tonnes of domestic recycling waste.
There was moderate smoke damage to the rest of the building.