A woman from Lincolnshire has been left devastated after a huge gas explosion ripped through her home on Sunday afternoon (April 5) which has left the building hanging by a thread.
Susan House, 55, who lives at Bleak House Farm in Kent Avenue, Theddlethorpe, was thankfully unharmed by the blast as she was out in the sunshine walking her dogs when the incident occurred at around 4.30pm.
Fire crews from Mablethorpe, Alford and Louth attended the scene and they are yet to establish the full cause of the explosion, but the house did have a propane-fed gas supply and the crews believe that the gas leak originated in the kitchen area.
The farmhouse was ripped apart, leaving blown out windows, whole walls crumbling and most of the contents exposed to the elements, hanging above the mound of bricks which lies beneath.
The property is owned by Susan’s father, George House, 86, who lives just down the road from his daughter with his wife Hilda.
It is now believed that the house will now have to be flattened.