Woman and her dog die in fire at home

0
Have your say

AN ELDERLY woman and her dog died in a fire in Sutterton.

Firefighters from Kirton were called to the detached bungalow in Dowdyke Road shortly before 7.30am on Thursday after a neighbour discovered the woman’s body.

The 80-year-old has not yet been named. Her dog was found curled up in the corner of the room.

The fire started in the lounge, which the woman also used as a bedroom, and was out by the time the fire brigade arrived.

The fire service says the cause of the fire was accidental but was unable to say how it started.

The woman, who is believed to have been housebound, was found by a neighbour who called round to feed her dog and cat. The cat was not hurt.