New Boston United manager is ordered to deliver a top-five finish
Boston United chairman David Newton hopes to have a new manager in place for Saturday’s home clash against struggling Droylsden.
But he has no idea who that man will be.
However, he expects the new gaffer to to be able to deliver a top-five finish come the end of the Blue Square Bet North campaign.
The club owner is hoping he can move quickly to fill the gap left after Jason Lee was sacked following Wednesday night’s 1-0 defeat at Gloucester City, a decision which was made ‘unanimously’ by the board.
“With a bit of luck we’ll be interviewing this week and it would be nice to have someone in place for Saturday,” said Newton, who stresses his top priority is to find the right person for the job.
“It’d be great to have somebody in for Saturday.
“That is the aim, but we will be measured in what we do.”
The club have received more than 20 applications for the role and Newton aims to begin interviewing those on his shortlist this week. But whoever gets the gig will be expected to deliver the goods immediately.
“I know our budget is good enough for us to be in contention for the play-offs,” he added.
“I expect us to do well. It’s all about how you manage the budget.”
If United aren’t able to appoint a new boss by Saturday’s home clash (KO 3pm), caretaker boss Graham Hyde, who took training last night, is set to remain in charge.
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west