BOSTON United chairman David Newton says he is ‘satisfied’ with the cash the club will receive for former players Shaun Pearson and Anthony Church.
The Pilgrims have been locked in a battle with Grimsby Town over fees for the duo since they left York Street for Blundell Park in the summer.
Following a Football Association tribunal hearing at Wembley Stadium on Monday, the FA set an amount which they believe is a fair price.
The exact amount will remain undisclosed.
“I think satisfied would be the phrase,” said Newton.
“We’re not totally happy because we had a figure in mind. Grimsby offered a lower figure and what we will receive is somewhere in between.”
Defender Pearson and midfielder Church played instrumental roles in United’s success over the previous two seasons, as the club gained promotion from the UniBond Premier and reached the Blue Square Bet North play-offs last campaign.
But they opted to move into the professional game this year when offered the chance to join managers Paul Hurst and Rob Scott, who had earlier switched allegiances.
Church was the club’s driving force last season, starting every single league game and netting 11 goals.
Pearson, meanwhile, also netted 11 times, from 38 matches.
United were hoping for a better pay out for Pearson, who has since earned an England C call-up, because they had to fork out a fee – believed to be several thousand – to sign the 22-year-old from Stamford.
Church, 24, arrived from Ilkeston for free.
“In terms of (the money we will receive for) Church, I think the amount was bang on where we thought we would be,” Newton added.
“For Pearson, we were just short of where we thought we would be.
“I think we certainly did the right thing going to a tribunal, as we received more money than Grimsby had offered.”
Meanwhile, Grimsby chief executive Ian Fleming put a positive spin on the outcome, telling the BBC: “It’s a fee that is rather less than Boston were asking for.”
Church and Pearson were both out of contract in the summer, but because they are both 24 or under, United were entitled to a fee for the pair if they offered them equal or improved terms to the previous season.
The two clubs will now prepare for round two – the battle for compensation over Scott and Hurst.
It is believed a date will be set for February.