Boston Hockey Club Men saw their winning run come to an end.
After six straight victories, the Sportsman-based side came unstuck against East Hockey League Division 5NW league leaders Louth.
The leaders made it obvious they were it obvious they meant business... arriving two hours before start time.
Ans with a squad of 15 to choose from, they came with options.
However, they didn’t unsettle Boston.
If anything, this inmspired the hosts, who fought hard from the start and refused toi give any ground.
However, Louth’s skill and determination proved the difference.
The travelling team scored twice in the first half to hold a firm advantage.
Louth added a third goal to that advantage after the interval, but Boston didn’t lie down and Connor Gilbert scored a consolation goal which was well deserved for the amount of effort applied from the forward three.
Boston left the game very disheartened, but next week will be a chance to redeem themselves at Ely City.
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
- Fears raised of ‘child prostitution’ in Boston
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 35 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North