Callum Johnson wants to become the next British boxer to break America.
The Boston light heavyweight says he is ‘buzzing’ after discovering that he will fight in the USA next month.
The Commonwealth Games gold medallist - who has won all 12 of his professional fights - will step into the squared circle at Oakland’s Oracle Arena on June 20.
He will be part of the undercard for his Gallagher’s Gym stablemate Paul Smith’s bout against unbeaten WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward.
“I can’t wait, I’m buzzing,” said Johnson, whose opponent is yet to be confirmed.
“Every fighter dreams of doing it in America.
“I’ve been watching those big American fights on TV since I was a kid and dreaming about being there.”
Johnson actually learned he had been booked to fight in the USA during the same telephone call in which he discovered that a proposed fight for the Commonwealth title had fallen through.
“I guess every cloud has a silver lining,” the 29-year-old added.
“I’m going to work hard on doing well in America, because I know the title fights will still come.”