Callum’s ring return

Callum Johnson.
Callum Johnson.

Callum Johnson will return to the ring on Saturday - fighting on the undercard of Anthony Crolla’s WBA World lightweight title defence against Ismael Barroso at the Manchester Arena.

The Boston light heavyweight - who has won all 13 of his pro bouts - will make an emotional return to the sport after losing his mentor and dad Paul earlier this year.

But Johnson’s coach Joe Gallagher says it is time for the 30-year-old to return to what he does best as he prepares to face Richard Horton.

“He’s ready for this. He’s ready and really determined,” Gallagher said.

“We want him to have this fight and another one in June before a big one.

“I expect 2016 will be a big year for Callum Johnson.”