Boxer Callum Johnson says 2013 will be his ‘do or die’ year as a professional.
The light heavyweight hoped that he would currently be spending his time training for a title next month.
But after injury forced him to pull out of his scheduled bout at Liverpool Olympia on November 9, the 27-year-old is currently waiting to hear from promoter Frank Warren when his next fight will be.
“Next year is do or die for me,” admitted the Commonwealth Gold medallist (pictured).
“I’m not getting any younger and I need to keep getting my name out there.
“I want to fight five or six times next year, and I still want to fight for a title.”
Johnson looked set to fight the winner of Ovill McKenzie and Enzo Macarinelli, who also met on the Liverpool card for the Commonwealth title.
McKenzie won with a controversial second-round stoppage.
Johnson hopes he can now face the Jamaican-born champion.
“I want a title fight next year,” he added. “I want to win a title and I want to defend it.
“I need to get in as many fights as possible.”
The ever-confident Johnson is working hard in the gym, getting back to full fitness following his injury, so he can take on whatever chgallenges next year brings.
“Maybe I could have fought in Liverpool,” he added.
“I’m sure I could still have beaten my opponent with one hand. But I wasn’t completely fit and you can’t take chances in this sport.”
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
- Fears raised of ‘child prostitution’ in Boston
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 35 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North