Thousands of visitors will come to Boston this weekend as the town hosts top university rowers in an event usually put on in Peterborough.
The British Universities and Colleges 4s and 8s races have been moved to the River Witham due to saturated ground conditions at the usual location.
It will mean 200 boats racing on the river on Saturday and 260 on Sunday - with both days having morning and afternoon races and more than 2,750 visitors from as far away as Edinburgh and Devon expected to attend.
On Saturday races start at 10.30am and 2.30pm and on Sunday they begin at 10.30am and 2pm.
Boston Rowing Club, based at the river in Carlton Road, is hosting the event.
Coun Yvonne Gunter, Boston Borough Council’s portfolio holder for leisure services, said: “It’s a real coup for Boston to host this event. It should be quite a spectacle and some of the country’s best up-and-coming young rowers will be seen on the water.”
- Conservatives lose control of Lincolnshire County Council
- LATEST: Man appears before court charged with Boston double murders
- Whatever happened to Julian Joachim? Ex-Aston Villa, Leicester City, Leeds United and Coventry City striker on target for Freiston Reserves in the Boston Saturday Football League
- Lincolnshire County Council candidates revealed as the race for Boston seats begins
- £13k of business cash lost over event that never happened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Boston, Lincolnshire
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west