A series of free heritage open days will take place across the county this week where people can learn about the history of local buildings.
Several buildings will be open to celebrate Material Matters, the theme of this year’s open days open from tomorrow (Thursday)-Sunday.
○ Boston Guildhall will be open today (Thursday)-Saturday from 10.30am-3.40pm, describing the history of the 600 year old building.
○ Boston Parish Library at St Botolph’s Church, founded in 1634 and containing 1600 volumes, will be open today (Thursday)-Sunday from 10am-3pm.
○ Hussey Tower, built in 1460 by Richard Benyngton, is open today (Thursday) until 3pm on Thursday.
○ The 18th Century Garfits Bank, at 116 High Street, will have tours at 10am, noon and 4pm and a talk at 2pm on Friday.
○ In New Leake, Lade Bank Pumping Station, at Hobhole Drain Bank, will be open from 11am-4pm on Saturday. An engine will be running between 1-3pm if water levels permit.