Here are some of the other films showing at West End Cinema, in Boston, over this week.
○ Life of Pi (PG) – An epic adventure of magical realism, Life of Pi follows the story of a young man’s incredible survival at sea against almost impossible odds.
○ Brave (PG) – Merida, an aspiring archer and impulsive daughter of royalty makes an irresponsible decision that inadvertently unleashes danger and forces her to launch into action to set events right.
○ Jack Reacher (15) – A homicide investigator digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims. Based on a book by Lee Childs.
○ Parental Guidance (U) – Artie and Diane agree to look after their three grandkids when their type-A helicopter parents need to leave town for work. Problems arise when the kids’ 21st century behaviours collide with Artie and Diane’s old-school methods.
○ Rise of the Guardians (PG) – When an evil spirit known as Pitch lays down the gauntlet to take over the world, the immortal Guardians must join forces for the first time to protect the hopes, beliefs and imagination of children.
○ The Hobbit (12A) – The adventure follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug.
○ The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 – Bella is enjoying her new life and new powers after the birth of their daughter, Renesmee. Soon, however, their family bliss is threatened by a new menace.
○ Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings (U) – Journey with Tinker Bell and her friends into the beautiful Winter Woods, where she discovers an incredible secret which could change her and the rest of Pixie Hollow forever
○ Quartet (12A) – At a home for retired opera singers, the annual concert to celebrate Verdi’s birthday is disrupted by the arrival of Jean, an eternal diva and ex-wife of a resident.