The fire service believes ‘carelessly discarded smoking materials’ caused a blaze at a town centre office in Boston last night (Tuesday).
At 11.08pm whole-time and retained crews from Boston, and also Kirton, attended a building fire in Pump Square.
The service reported severe fire damage to a wooden desk, computer and TV within a ground-floor office.
There was also severe smoke damage to the remainder of the ground-floor.
Crews used a Cobra Cold Cut, hose reel and four breathing apparatus to tackle the fire. They also used two thermal imaging cameras to locate the blaze.