Lincolnshire Police have issued a statement today (Monday) following concerns over the recent incidents of violent crime in Boston.
This comes after an incident where two men are believed to have been stabbed on Saturday evening and a further allegation of aggravated burglary earlier last week.
Chief Superintendent Paula Wood said: “Any violent crime is concerning and there have been a number of such crimes across the county recently, including two at Boston within a short period of time.
“As a result of one incident, the suspects were swiftly apprehended and charged and two local men have appeared in court this weekend, charged with aggravated burglary.
“Following the incident on Saturday, two males were seriously assaulted and after immediate investigations, seven suspects were arrested. Three have since been released on police bail and four remain in custody whilst detectives conduct their enquiries.
“In both incidents it is believed that the suspects were known to the victims.
“While there is no link between recent offences, it is important that we understand why these sorts of crimes occur so that we can work alongside our partner agencies to identify opportunities for prevention.”
She added that during the Autumn period, and in the approach to Christmas, the Force will be relaunching its Operation Nova (No to Violence and Abuse).
She said: “We value the input from our community and we encourage anyone to talk to us about concerns they may have, or information they would like to share.
“This can be done through our Neighbourhood Policing Teams or by dialling Lincolnshire Police on 101.
“Alternatively, you can use the online contact form on our website, or talk in anonymity to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”