Fire damages house in Wyberton

ONE person had to be treated for smoke inhalation after what fire crews described as ‘discarded smoking materials’ caused a fire at a house in Wyberton.

Flames caused severe damage to a first floor bedroom at the home in Solhem Avenue, leaving the rest of the floor damaged by fire.

Firefighters from Boston, Kirton and Leverton went to the incident at around 8.14am on Saturday.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire fire service said: “The cause was believed to be carelessly discarded smoking materials.”