Hot strimmer exhaust and garden waste cause vehicle blaze

The scene of the fire in Sutterton
The scene of the fire in Sutterton
Share this article

Fire crews have been called to a vehicle on fire in Sutterton.

Crews from Kirton and Donington attended the scene in Station Road at about 9.30am.

There was fire damage to a Ford Transit Flatbed.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the cause was believed to be a hot strimmer exhaust igniting garden waste.

They used breathing apparatus and two hose reels to extinguish the blaze.

This photo was taken at the scene by Coun Aaron Spencer.