Occupant needs treatment after fire in bedsit in Boston

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

A faulty heater has been blamed for a fire in a bedsit on Spilsby Road in Boston where the occupant needed treatment for smoke inhalation.

The alarm was raised yesterday (Saturday) just before 2pm when crews from Boston wearing breathing apparatus were called upon to extinguish the flames using one hose reel, according to a fire service spokesman.

According to the report, a quarter of the bedsit and contents were damaged by the fire, while the rest was smoke damaged. The occupier suffered minor smoke inhalation and was given oxygen treatment by the crews, said the spokesman.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrial fault in a heater within the bedsit, say investigators.