Spark sets car alight in langrick

Share this article

A STRAY spark from welding equipment caused a fire at a garage in Langrick on Saturday.

Emergency services were called to reports of a car on fire inside Bob Wildings Garage, in Ferry Road, Langrick, at 10.12am.

The blaze caused severe damage by fire to a Mazda MX5.

Heat and smoke also damaged the garage and contents.

The building measured 20 metres by 10 metres.

Three appliances attended and it was extinguished using two hose reels and four breathing apparatus.