Tea light starts New Year’s Eve fire in Boston, say Fire and Rescue

Share this article

AN UNATTENDED tea light is believed to be behind a bedroom fire in Boston on New Year’s Eve, the fire service have said.

The blaze in Carlton Road on Friday, reported to emergency services at 5.23pm, caused severe damage to a window sill and light damage to pillows and bedding.

Light damage was also caused to the rest of the property by smoke.

The occupier put out the fire using water.

Two appliances attended and carried out an investigation only.