Tree badly damaged in garden blaze caused by discarded smoking material

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service

A large garden fire in Boston was caused by discarded smoking materials, say firefighters.

A crew from Boston attend the garden fire on Duke Street yesterday afternoon.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service say there was severe damage to one Conifer tree and a small amount of garden waste.

The blaze had been extinguished before firefighters arrived, but they used the hose reel to check for hot spots.