Anglian Water has confirmed it has cleared the raw sewage left out in the open for several days following the flooding on Saturday.
A spokesman for the company said a tanker and road sweeper had been out yesterday (Wednesday) to clear the mess.
They added: “There was a high level of rainfall on Saturday afternoon which contributed to the issue, but we will investigate with our partners to see if there was any other factors at play there.”
Wednesday, 5pm - Anglian Water has said it is investigating flooding in Woodside, which has reportedly left raw sewage out in the open for several days.
The situation was pointed out by Boston resident Darren Abbott who sent pictures to The Standard of the sewage.
Mr Abbott told the Standard: “The photographs were taken last night, they show raw sewage that was brought up during the heavy rains Saturday evening.
“Both Anglian Water and the council knew about the problems with blocked sewage pipes and drains but as usual nothing has been done.
“Luckily, but for a few inches no one’s house was damaged.
“The fire brigade would not attend as they were too busy at Tesco’s.
“The mess is still there four days later surely this is a health hazard?”
Responding to Mr Abbott’s concerns, an Anglian Water spokesperson said: “We are investigating the flooding in Woodside, along with Boston Borough Council.
“One of our technicians is going out to check if this is from a sewer or a road drain and we’ll take appropriate action as a priority.”
Mr Abbott also tweeted Boston and Skegness MP Matt Warman, who reportedly attended the scene.
Mr Warman tweeted: “Just left scene of sewage flooding in Woodside, Boston - help sent by @AnglianWater woefully inadequate so far. More needed.”
The water company then responded to him: “Apologies @mattwarman, we are out looking at this now and we will update you later.”