UPDATE: Search continues for missing Boston woman

Have you seen Dulcie Brewster?
Have you seen Dulcie Brewster?

Police have confirmed that the search for a missing Boston woman continues today as concerns continue to grow.

Officers say they have had no update to the search for Dulcie Brewster, of Fishtoft Road, who was reported missing on Monday.

People have been supporting the search via social media, sharing the story on Facebook and Twitter.

Yesterday, Dulcie’s grandson James Brewster tweeted our story and said: “My Nan has now been missing for over a week. If anyone in the Boston area can help please contact the Police.”

Sharon Smalley commented on our Facebook link: “Hope they find her safe and well.”

See below for more details on Dulcie and how to contact police.

Wednesday, 9.39am - Details have been released about the missing person police have been searching for in Boston.

Yesterday The Standard reported that police divers were scanning the Maud Foster Drain as a ‘precaution’ after receiving a report of a ‘possible missing person’.

Details have now been released.

Seventy-six year-old Dulcie Brewster, of Fishtoft Road, was reported missing on Monday, and police say they are concerned for her welfare.

Dulcie was last seen on the evening of Tuesday, April 9, on Skirbeck Road, Boston, walking towards her home.

She is described as 5’4” tall, with grey hair, and usually wears a woolly hat when outdoors.

She has a number of medical conditions and does not appear to have any of her medication with her so police are anxious to trace her and ensure she is safe and well.

A Lincolnshire Police spokesman said: “Officers from the local neighbourhood policing teams will be handing out flyers in Boston Market Place today (Wednesday) and search teams will be working in the area where Dulcie was last seen.

“Routine searches of adjacent waterways are also being carried out by the Underwater Search Unit.”

Anyone who has seen Dulcie recently, or who has any information concerning her whereabouts, is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 236 of April 15.

The Standard’s report and video from yesterday