Woman treated for smoke inhalation after ‘severe’ house fire in Boston

Firefighters rushed to Spring Lane for it to be out
Firefighters rushed to Spring Lane for it to be out

A home in Boston has suffered ‘severe fire damage’ following an incident which left a woman requiring treatment for smoke inhalation last night (Sunday October 18).

Fire crews from Boston, Kirton and Leverton attended the scene in Red Lion Street, Boston, shortly after 8pm yesterday.

They used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze, which caused ‘severe fire damage’ to the first floor bedroom and moderate smoke damage to the rest of the first floor.

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue administered oxygen to the female occupant at the scene.

The cause of the fire was due to an electrical fault.