Barker bags late leveller: Boston Saturday League round-up

Kirton Town's James Hardy (left) battles with Freiston's Ashton Chase. DD. To order this picture log on to
Kirton Town's James Hardy (left) battles with Freiston's Ashton Chase. DD. To order this picture log on to

Taylors Garages Premier Division

KIRTON Town and Freiston shared the points when the two sides clashed at Graves Park.

Freiston had the benefit of a strong wind advantage during the first half, and they duly grabbed the opening goal midway through when Reece Coddington’s low shot found the corner of the net.

In the second half it was the visitors turn to soak up some pressure, but they stood firm to frustrate Kirton.

Freiston did manage to break out on occasions and they went close twice near the end as they looked to wrap up their victory - but with just three minutes remaining, Town finally grabbed a deserved equaliser through Richard Barker.

CURTIS Lane’s hat-trick for Old Doningtonians was to no avail when his side entertained Billinghay Athletic.

The visitors spoilt the party replying four times to secure an amazing 4-3 away win.

THERE was another hat-trick, this time at Spilsby Town, where the home side easily disposed of Coningsby in a 6-0 score-line.

Dan Tuplin scored a treble while Dan Smith, Michael Twigge and Matty Barker grabbed the other goals for a rampant Spilsby side.

TWO penalties from Jack Alexander helped Pointon to a narrow 3-2 home win over Woodhall Spa United.

Pointon appeared to be coasting to victory after Alexander’s first spot-kick and another from Sam Husband, but all credit to Woodhall for storming back to level the scores at 2- 2.

Woodhall’s brave efforts were torn apart, however, in the dying minutes when Pointon were awarded another penalty and Alexander stepped up to send the visitors home empty-handed.

SKEGNESS Town Reserves were still in the game at Old Leake at the halfway stage with the scores locked at 1-1 - but second half goals from Greg Brown and Adam Busby gave the home side three valuable points as they continue their search for the title.

Adam Wright had put Old Leake in front before Josh Whittam levelled the scores for Skegness and the visitors will feel a little unlucky not to have hung on for some reward.

A SINGLE Jamie Skinner strike was enough to give Wyberton maximum points in their home fixture against relegation-threatened Swineshead, who put up an encouraging display.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

THE big top-of-the-table clash at Tattershall Road saw Boston Town Old Boys put the skids on Tavern Colts’ recent impressive form – with a 3-1 home win.

Strikes from Jack Carter, Mark Wakefield and an own goal were enough for the points.

Tavern replied through Nathan Padley.

Tavern’s cause wasn’t helped by the dismissal of Daniel White – the visitors also received three yellow cards into the bargain.

The Old Boys also accumulated two yellow cards in a physical battle.

FISHTOFT hit three goals at home when they defeated Westside Rangers 3-0, with goals from Adam Vinters, Declan Wilson and Carl Tate.

SUTTERTON’S top goalscorer Andy Brown was adding more goals to his tally when his side entertained Spalding Town.

The home side’s sharp-shooter hit another blistering hat-trick (one a penalty), while Declan Sands was also on target in a 4-1 victory which moved Sutterton into second spot.

WAINFLEET United earned a fine 4-1 away win at Wyberton Reserves.

The home side’s only consolation in the defeat came from substitute Danny Mindham.

Taylors Ford Division Two

BOSTON United Community suffered a setback to their title hopes when they went down to a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Benington.

Ben Hardstaff struck twice while Ross Don-Duncan and Dom Cridland completed the scoring.

FOSDYKE endured a thoroughly miserable day at the seaside when Skegness Town A finally got back to winning ways with a 4-2 home win.

Fosdyke were all-square at 1-1 at the interval, with Ben Charlton grabbing their goal, but they then fell behind after the break.

Things got worse for the visitors as Robbie Sansam received his second yellow card and had to leave his side to battle on with just 10 men.

Skegness made it 3-1 before Drew McGuire gave Fosdyke a glimmer of hope with his side’s second goal.

Fosdyke then thought they had a strong appeal for a penalty turned down after Charlton was felled in the box.

To make matters worse, the dispondent visitors saw Joe Bradbury leave the action with a twisted knee as they went down to nine men.

Not surprisingly, Skegness added a fourth to make the final score 4-2.

The Skegness goals came from Ben Evison (two), Craig Rawlinson and Michael Hardy.

THE match between Spalding Town and Tydd St Mary finished all-square at 1-1, with Jamie Juckes grabbing Town’s goal.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

LUKE Chilvers hit four goals for Spalding Harriers Reserves in their 7-1 home win against lowly Old Doningtonians Reserves. Alex Watson helped himself to a brace of goals while Lewis Field completed the scoring.

GOALS from Neil Allen and Ben Liu earned Park United all three points following a 2-1 away win at Holbeach Bank Reserves.

Simon Hall replied for The Bank.

FREISTON Reserves didn’t start their home game against Woodhall Spa United Reserves very promisingly, but still found themselves 1-0 up – Lucky Singh scoring on 35 minutes for Freiston.

Woodhall Spa continued to press and they were rewarded with a penalty before half time which was slotted home.

Freiston re-shuffled their rank for the second half and the change soon did the trick following a ball which was played into the box and Troy Ayton was first to react to make it 2-1.

Freiston continued to dominate, and it wasn’t long before Adam Critch fired the ball home to put the game out of Woodhall Spa’s reach at 3-1.

FC Hammers went down 3-2 at home against Kirton Town Reserves.

James Wright grabbed two goals for Kirton while Jacob Wright also got on the scoresheet. Scott Bates hit both of The Hammers goals.