Boston Saturday Football League: Round-up

Taylors Garages Premier Division champions Wyberton made it an incredible 20 wins in a row as they beat Pointon 3-1.

Dan White (two) and Mark Lovelace found the net while Jamie Andrews replied for Pointon.

Heads up! Swineshead's Jeff Hicky and Spilsby's Jordan Smith challenge during Saturday's 3-3 draw. Photo: Andy Laithwaite.

Heads up! Swineshead's Jeff Hicky and Spilsby's Jordan Smith challenge during Saturday's 3-3 draw. Photo: Andy Laithwaite.

In midweek, Gary Frost’s side beat Old Leake 4-0, with Curtis Revell hitting a hat-trick and White also on target.

Also in midweek, Kirton Town and Spilsby Town drew 3-3 in a see-saw match.

Balke Reid, Declan Sands and Chris Hilton scored for Kirton - who also missed a penalty - while Spilsby replied through Liam Papworth (two) and Ryan Hall.

Spilsby drew 3-3 again on Saturday - at Swineshead Institute - while Fishtoft beat Freiston 3-1.

Billinghay Athletic lifted the Barclays Brokers Willoughby Cup, after beating Swineshead Institute 2-1.

Jac Wright and Jasper Caudwell put Athletic 2-0 up before Richard Stukins pulled one back for Swineshead.

Competition president Tony Appleby presented trophies, with Billinghay’s Adam Weston Man of the Match.

In the big top-of-the-table clash in the Taylors Peugeot Division One, Coningsby handed Wrangle just their third defeat of the season with a 2-1 success. Steve Norton grabbed Coningsby’s goals.

In the other midweek game, Billinghay Reserves versus Woodhall Spa United was abandoned following a sickening injury as the home side’s Ashley Holmes suffered a broken leg.

Wrangle bounced back on Saturday, defeating leaders Freiston Reserves 4-1. Jon McLeod (two), Scott McKay (pen) and Tom Hill were the matchwinners. Ex-Aston Villa man Julian Joachim replied for Freiston, who had keeper Jak Kirkman sent off.

Wyberton Reserves were unable to face Mareham United due to a shortage of players.

In the Taylors Ford Division Two, Old Doningtonians Reserves went down to a narrow 3-2 defeat to Westside Rangers in midweek. Andy Barnett and Lee Whyte hit the Dons goals, but Jody Betts (two) and Michael Langley won it.

Fosdyke remain on course for promotion following a hard-fought 4-3 home win against Holbeach Bank.

Fosdyke’s Sam Reeson (two), Dan Sansam and James Munn were on target.

Sutterton remain in contention for promotion following a 6-2 away win at Coningsby Reserves. Danny Prue and goalkeeper Andy Yeomans scored for Coningsby.

Champions Ruskington Rovers drew 0-0 with Nelson.

The Sharman Burgess Sports Cup final will be held on Tuesday as Division Two champions Ruskington Rovers take on Premier champions Wyberton at Tattershall Road (KO 6.45pm).