Boston Saturday Football League: Round-up

Swineshead's Wayne Blackman challenges Wyberton's Daniel Maddison.
Swineshead's Wayne Blackman challenges Wyberton's Daniel Maddison.

Wondrous Wyberton romped to the Taylors Garages Premier Division title after finishing their season by winning all 22 league matches.

They picked up two wins this week, beating Billinghay Athletic 5-1 in midweek and finishing their campaign with a 4-2 victory at Swineshead.

Dan White (three), Mark Lovelace and Curtis Revell netted against Billinghay while Saturday’s matchwinners were Tyrone Chase, Mark Thompson , Nicky Syndercombe and an own goal.

Billinghay replied through Jac Wright and Swineshead’s goals came from Jeff Hickey and Jack Houghton.

The defeat for Swineshead meant that they had to be satisfied with third place.

Billinghay secured the runners-up spot with a 4-2 away win at Spilsby Town.

Kirton Town and Old Leake shared the points with a 10-goal thriller at Graves Park.

Bert Snaith hit four of the Old Leake goals while Kieran Stocks grabbed the other.

Underdogs Fosdyke lifted the Target Newspapers Challenge Cup, with a deserved 3-0 victory over Coningsby.

The Division Two outfit completely outplayed their Division One opponents, with man of the match Matt Howden grabbing a hat-trick.

But the plaudits should be shared amongst the whole side, as they played with a display of flair, exuberance and confidence, which left Coningsby with little answer.

Freiston Reserves are the Taylors Peugeot Division One champions.

Perrie Dale netted a brace as they beat Wainfleet United 2-1, while Julian Joachim hit a hat-trick and Jamie Elston also netted in a 4-1 weekend success over Woodhall Spa United.

Mareham secured third place with a 4-1 away win at Billinghay Reserves, Lewis Cartwright, Cameron Robertson, Ross Tretstrail and Carl Wilson on target.

Wrangle United’s midweek match with Skegness United Reserves failed to go ahead when the away side didn’t turn up.

Woodhall earned a 1-0 win at Billinghay Reserves.

Fosdyke sealed the runners-up spot in the Taylors Ford Division Two, following a dramatic 5-3 victory over Nelson.

Fosdyke knew that winning by three clear goals would see them overtake Sutterton.

They looked to be on course as Tom Watson (pen) and James Munn handed them a 2-0 half-time lead.

But Nelson fought back to level twice, Marv Jolley again scoring for Fosdyke.

Nicky De Vries and Jolley netted to make it 5-3 - which saw Fosdyke claim second spot by virtue of having scored a goal more than Sutterton.

Champions Ruskington Rovers finished their league campaign with a 7-1 away win at Holbeach Bank.