BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Benington turn cup form into points at Fishtoft

Fishtoft's Nicky Wiles and Benington's Tim Bell challenge in the air.
Fishtoft's Nicky Wiles and Benington's Tim Bell challenge in the air.

Benington finally turned their cup form into Taylors Garages Premier Division points with a 1-0 success at in-form Fishtoft.

Tom Baxter’s goal, direct from a corner, was enough to hand Benington their first league success of the season, while the visitors also hit the crossbar twice.

The chase is on between Benington's Jonny Cheer and Fishtoft's Liam Ogden.

The chase is on between Benington's Jonny Cheer and Fishtoft's Liam Ogden.

Fishtoft rallied after the break but were unable to force an equaliser.

Old Leake and Wyberton produced an evenly-matched contest which was settled by a second half-winner.

Scott MacKay had given Old Leake a first half lead when he unleashed a superb rising shot into the top corner, but the visitors levelled five minutes later when Reece Beauchamp scrambled the ball home.

Leake snatched victory with a gift of a goal when keeper Peter Cook palmed a shot into the danger area and the MacKay poked home.

Mareham United produced a superb battling performance away at Skegness Town Reserves before going down 3-1, while Ben Harris earned Kirton Town a point at Pointon.

The big match in the Taylors Peugeot Division Two saw the top two sides clash at Swineshead, where their Reserves side defeated the previously unbeaten Heckington Millers 2-1.

Richard Barker scored twice for the hosts, who also saw a man sent off.

Friskney also suffered their first defeat of the campaign, losing 2-1 to Sutterton.

Rob Jackson had given Fiskney the lead.

Freiston were held to a 1-1 draw by Rippingale & Folkingham, Junior Samra finding the net for the hosts.

Fosdyke hit some form and left Pointon Reserves with a 3-0 win, courtesy of goals from Dan Sansam, Luke Smith and Joe Bradbury.

As the referee failed to turn up, former official Pete Preston stepped in and did a fine job.

In the Taylors Ford Division Two, league leaders, Nelson remain firmly on top of the table following a 2-0 away win at Boston College.

Liam Shinn and Carl Duncan grabbed the crucial goals.

Josh Brason netted a consolation for FC Kirton as they were beaten 2-1 by Spalding Harriers.

Leverton came from 2-0 down to beat Westside Rangers 4-2 - Andy Brown (two), Jamie Lawrence and Nathan Hubbert completing the turnaround.

Park United kept up their recent good form in the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three with a battling 1-0 win over Fishtoft Reserves.

The all-important winning goal came from Tom Limb.

The game was well handled by referee J. Hudson.

There was another 1-0 victory as Friskney Reserves left Benington Reserves with the points thanks to Adam Waples.

A third single-goal score-line in Division Three saw Pointon A go top of the table after beating Spalding Harriers Reserves with a Mark Smith goal.

Rippingale & Folkingham Reserves beat Boston Athletic 6-1 while AFC Tetford Reserves beat FC Hammers 5-3.

The Hammers replied through Jace Snade (two) and Kristian Taylor.

FC Boston picked up their fist point of the season following a creditable 2-2 draw at home against high-flying Eastern European FC.

The home side threw away a 2-0 lead as well as missing a penalty, but the Eastern Europeans stormed back to salvage a point.

In The Lincoln League Village Trophy, Billinghay Athletic squeezed through to the next round as they beat Coningsby 1-0.