BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Champions held to draw on home turf

Saturday league football action. Swineshead (red/blue) v Boston College (Blue). Cameron Holland (blue), Jamie Clark (red/blue). EMN-150709-103919001
Saturday league football action. Swineshead (red/blue) v Boston College (Blue). Cameron Holland (blue), Jamie Clark (red/blue). EMN-150709-103919001

A round-up of the latest Saturday league results.

Taylors Garages 
Premier Division

The big game of the day ended all-square as Champions, Swineshead were held at home to a 1-1 draw by rivals Spilsby Town. Bert Snaith grabbed the all-important home goal.

Heckington Millers made their premier debut last Saturday away at Old Leake following last season’s promotion from Division One. The Millers gave a good account of themselves in a closely fought encounter despite going down by the narrow margin of 2-1.

Coningsby also had a difficult baptism to life back in the top flight when they entertained Wyberton Reserves but will be disappointed in not getting something out of the game. Final score 3-0.

Two goals from Pointon’s ace goalscorer Ian Jacquest were still not enough to earn any reward when they hosted Skegness Town Reserves who responded with a hat-trick from Josh Whittam and another from max Forman to run out 4-2 winners.

Ruskington Rovers also scored twice at home but ended up empty-handed as Kirton Town got their first points on the board with a hard fought 3-2 away win. Liam Tait and Ashley Farmer hit The Ruskington goals.

Fishtoft opened their season with a resolute team performance against determined visitors in the form of Billinghay Athletic. Fishtoft opened the scoring through Jamie Skinner and he then doubled his tally to give Fishtoft a two goal half-time lead. The second half started at a frenetic pace and it was a sickening collision that saw Fishtoft midfielder Jordan Lote taken to hospital with what turned out to be a very serious injury. Fshtoftkilled the game off with a superb free kick driven into the top corner by Harry Bunce. An eventful game that was well handled by Referee Paul Revell, which overall saw a good result for Fishtoft marred by the terrible injury to a key player, whom all at the club, wish a good and speedy recovery.

Taylors Peugeot 
Division One

A very impressive 3-0 home victory by Fosdyke against FC Wrangle last Saturday had The Tangerine Camp smiling once again.

A see-saw encounter saw Old Dons race into a two goal lead at Leverton, with an Alex Tilley own goal and a bizarre penalty giving them an early advantage before Daniel Baines halved the deficit.

Alex Tilley made amends by netting at the correct end to level the score. In the second half, Joe Daubney gave the hosts the lead before a late goal gave Old Dons a share of the points. Other than the own goal, the remaining Old Dons goals came from Chris Wing who netted twice.

Friskney were held to a 3-3 draw by Swineshead Reserves. Victor Sibert hit two of The Friskney goals while Bob Jackson grabbed the other. Swineshead earned their point with goals from Giles Favel, Callum Karpyszyn and an own goal.

Sutterton, still in the re-building stage, were soundly beaten in their opening game of the season at home when they entertained Boston College. Cameron Holland hit four of The College goals while Andy Thompson 2, Nathan Ball, Sheradon Goodhand and Tom Taylor completed the scoring. Final score 9-0.

Woodhall Spa United were undone by FC Magnet’s half-time substitute after leading 2-1. Jackson Draper and Jack Draper scored in the first half to give Woodhall a 2-1 interval lead before Magnet’s super-sub, Pete Sampson entered the fray and his two goal blast put his side 3-2 ahead. Ashley English added another to his first half goal to give Magnet a 4-2 away win.

Rippingale & Folkingham withdrew from their home fixture against Freiston over a week earlier as they were unable to raise a team for the game. The expected outcome will be the award of three easy points for Freiston.

Taylors Ford Division Two

Sadly, there were two casualties in Division Two as both Swineshead ‘A’ and Fishtoft Reserves were unable to provide opposition at Tetford and Railway Athletic respectively so this will undoubtedly see three points awarded to the home sides.

Pointon Reserves bounced back from their opening day mauling as they recorded a 6-0 away win at Billinghay Reserves. Glenn Long and Robert Rowlatt both scored twice while Martin Turner and Ashley Holmes grabbed the others of their super-six.

Mareham United put up a brave fight in their home game against a rampant Kirton Town Reserves. Although they trailed 4-0 at the break, Mareham hit back twice to reduce the arrears at 4-2 but luck deserted them after that as Kirton ran riot scoring six more to run out 10-3 winners.

Park United and Sibsey produced the most exciting encounter of the day with a nine-goal thriller. This was Park United’s first match of the season and they got off to a storming start with Tom Limb opening the scoring in the second minute before Sibsey scored twice to edge in front. Alex Limb then levelled the scores at 2-2 before some poor defending allowed Sibsey to go into the break 4-2 up.

Park were a different team after the break and they levelled the scores again with goals from Ben Liu and Junior Samra. But the best was saved for the winning goal from Leon Pycock who scored an excellent volley from 18 yards to secure a winning start for Park. Final score 5-4.

Taylors Vauxhall 
Division Three

It was another miserable day for both Boston Athletic and FC Boston as they both shipped in double figures.

Boston Titans hit FC Boston for an amazing 14-1 trouncing with Diogo Egas hitting four of his side’s goals. Ryan Bristow struck a hat-trick with the other goals coming from Matt Howden 2, Dan Sansam, Matthew Watson, Joe Bradbury, Chris Lane and an own goal.

Boston Athletic had a difficult away trip to Spilsby Town and they came up against a striker in red-hot form in the shape of Travis Herberts. Hot-shot Herberts hit a magnificent seven for Town in a 10-0 home win.

Benington Reserves and Northgate Olympic shared the points following a 1-1 draw.

Spalding Harriers hit Friskney Reserves for six in their home encounter and have now scored 24 goals in their opening three games.

Daniel Clay was again on target for Old Doningtonians Reserves when they defeated AFC Tetford Reserves at home 2-0. Clay claimed both of his side’s goals.

The game between FC Hammers and Pointon Reserves was halted prematurely owing to a serious leg injury to Scott Middleton. The Hammers were leading 2-1 following goals from Chris Brocklesby and Diogo Garcia but the injury forced the referee to abandon play and his report will now decide the outcome of the game.

Leverton Reserves were up against it following a red card for Anthony Stillwell in the first five minutes and to make matters worse Wyberton scored from the resulting free-kick. The 1-0 scoreline remained the same at half time before the match was turned on its head in the final 20 minutes. James Wright scored two quick-fire goals and a further Deividas Urbsys goal gave Leverton Reserves a hard fought 3-1 away win.