Boston Saturday League: round-up

Action from Friskney's 2-0 victory at FC Hammers.
Action from Friskney's 2-0 victory at FC Hammers.
Share this article

Neil Johnson rounds-up the latest local league matches...

Wyberton made it six victories from six matches in the Taylors Ford Premier Division - winning 6-2 at the expense of Spilsby Town.

Ben Jaques was in deadly form, hitting a hat-trick for the league leaders.

Reece Young grabbed two and Dan White completed the scoring, while Spilsby replied through Dan Tuplin and Adam Dales.

Billinghay Athletic striker Jac Wright hit four goals for the second successive week as his side heaped more misery on Fishtoft’s stuttering start to the season.

Fellow-striker Adam Weston claimed a hat-trick in an 8-2 home win, with Alex Gammon also getting on the scoresheet.

Jack Cridland and Neil Allen found the net for Fishtoft.

Freiston went down to a heavy home defeat at the hands of Skegness Town Reserves.

The home side found themselves trailing 5-1 at the half-time break and the game was virtually over as a contest.

Freiston improved after the break as both sides struck another goal each in a 6-2 score-line.

For Skegness, Michael Marinov and James Bland both scored two goals apiece, while Shaun Connelly and Adrian Verheul completed the scoring.

A late Bert Snaith goal sunk Kirton Town at the Community Centre as Old Leake took maximum points following their slender 1-0 victory.

The result was probably a little unfair on the Kirton Town side, who competed well throughout and looked to be heading for a deserved share of the points with the game entering the final stages.

But with just eight minutes remaining, Chris Massingham robbed a defender before setting up Snaith for the match winning goal.

Two goals from Swineshead striker Chris Wing kept his side in touch at the top following their fine 2-1 away win at Pointon.

The home side replied through Alex Marr, who drove a 30-yarder over the head of the keeper and into the net.

Benington produced a strong second-half performance at Old Doningtonians to bounce back to winning ways after two successive defeats.

They earned a superb 5-2 away win.

Striker Tim Bell was made captain in the absence of the injured Ben Hardstaff and revelled in the responsibility with a clinical four-goal haul.

Bell gave Benington the lead midway through the opening period and, although Dons levelled through Liam Pitts, Jamie Kuhn restored the visitors’ advantage before half-time.

Tim Bell then bagged a quick-fire brace early in the second half to put Benington firmly in control and completed their scoring with his fourth as brother Gavin collected a hat-trick of assists.

Dons claimed their second goal with a late consolation from Sam Eyett to make the final score 5-2.

After defeating Premier Division opposition in The Fishtoft Cup, Wrangle United were brought crashing back down to earth in the Taylors Peugeot Division One.

They suffered a 3-2 home defeat at the hands of an in-form Wyberton Reserves side.

Scott MacKay stroked home from the spot to put Wrangle ahead after a goalless first half.

But Wyberton stunned the home side to go 3-1 up.

After this period of madness, Wrangle threw everything forward and they eventually reduced the arrears through Jon MacLeod’s header.

However, Wyberton saw out the remaining minutes to record a deserved victory.

Nicky Syndercombe netted for Wyberton, while Dan Johnson and recent transfer signing from Nelson, Daniel Bourne, were also on the scoresheet.

In the day’s basement battle at Spalding Town, visitors Wainfleet United returned home empty-handed and still looking for their first point of the season following a 3-1 defeat.

Spalding’s leading goalscorer Tomasz Rabiega struck two goals while Freddie Lambert also got on the scoresheet.

Park United are still looking for their first win in the Taylors Ford Division Two, after a 3-2 defeat to Coningsby Reserves.

Lee Coulton, Richard Hartley and an own goal won it for Coningsby.

Alex Limb and Velempini Ncube his consolations for the unlucky Park, who will be left wondering how to get things going their way.

With leaders Holbeach Bank involved in the Inter-Services Trophy, Nelson moved into second spot and Fosdyke went top.

Nelson moved up the table following a crushing 5-0 away win at Kirton Town Reserves.

Ben Swift struck twice for Nelson, while Liam Shinn, Ben Ladds and Callum Bates completed the scoring.

Fosdyke went top following a superb 5-2 home win against Sutterton in their derby clash.

The contest was closer than the scoreline suggested, but Fosdyke took their chances.

Matt Howden netted two and also set up Nicky De Vries for another, with his pace causing problems in the Sutterton defence.

Substitute Ruslan Dulkalskis also bagged a brace, while Tom Watson missed a penalty.

Leverton’s hot goal-scoring streak continued with a 4-2 away win at Queens Rangers in a very competitive match.

Connor Wroot opened the scoring for Leverton, before Will Chalmers bagged a brace.

Queens Rangers applied the pressure and scored twice, before Adam Busby netted for Leverton to puit the match beyond doubt.

Meanwhile, Holbeach Bank’s cup progress was halted by ex-Boston League side Tydd St Mary, who recorded a 5-2 away win.

The basement battle in the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three saw Fosdyke do the double over Sutterton.

The reserve side emulated the first team, beating Sutterton’s seconds 8-0.

Ben Charlton (four) Drew McGuire (three) and Andy Brown were on target.

FC Kirton won 7-3 at Pointon, John Mott (two) and Andy Ayliff scoring consolations.

Lowly Holbeach Bank Reserves went down to a 4-0 away defeat at Tulip FC.

Goals from Matthew Bates, Dave Wright, Kevin Manning and David Burt took maximum points for the hosts.