Nelson defend a Heckington free kick during their 7-0 defeat.
Nelson defend a Heckington free kick during their 7-0 defeat.

Kirton Town left Mareham United’s ground wondering how they didn’t manage to earn some sort of reward from their trip.

A farcical opening goal presented Mareham with the lead in this Taylors Garages Premier Division clash, when the Town keeper dropped a cross and the ball went into the net off a defender’s head. Mareham then added a second before wasteful Kirton netted too little too late through Dan Summerfield.

Skegness Town Reserves beat Pointon 3-1 and Spilsby also enjoyed a 3-1 home win against Old Doningtonians.

In the Taylors Peugeot Division Two, Wyberton Reserves extend their lead to nine points at Freiston Reserves. Reece Coddington (two), Nicky Syndercombe and Curtis Yeatman netted for Wyberton and Troy Ayton, Frazer Bayliss and Liam Watson replied.

Sam Brader (three), Tom Sewell, Andy Kelly, Mark Wheatley and Steve Miles helped Coningsby beat Wainfleet 7-1.

Ruskington Rovers won 6-2 at Billinghay Reserves and Sutterton suffered a shock 8-0 demolition at Skegness United Reserves.

In the Taylors Ford Division Two, the big clash took place at second-placed Friskney, where a 2-1 victory saw the home side move above leaders Swineshead Reserves.

Jeremy Brown and Rob Jackson put Friskney 2-0 up within 10 minutes, while Dick Stukins pulled one back for Swineshead.

Westside Rangers recorded their second victory of the season following a 3-2 home win against Holbeach Bank. Neal Wheatley (two) and Jody Betts were on target.

Alex Tilley and Adam Busby netted as Leverton drew 2-2 with Coningsby Reserves, while Nelson lost 7-0 at Heckington Millers.

Dan Fox earned Park United got their second win of the season in the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three, beating Rippingale Reserves 1-0.

DJ Wright and Richard Barker hit the crucial goals for Swineshead A as they inflicted the first defeat of the season upon visitors FC Hammers, winning 2-1.

Jamie Dawson (two), Nicky Dawson and Nathan Rivett helped Boston College beat Benington Reserves 4-2, with Scott Elleray and Jimmy Nuttell replying.

AFC Tetford beat Spalding Harriers Reserves 2-0.

In the Fishtoft Cup quarter-finals, Freiston won 2-1 at Fosdyke, Shane Brackenbury netting twice and Gary O’Connor headed home a consolation.

Jack Houghton grabbed a late winner as Swineshead Institute - who had keeper Andrew Stukins sent off - beat Old Leake 1-0.

Wyberton disposed of Fishtoft with a 5-1 home win and Woodhall Spa United beat Billinghay Athletic 3-2.