Andy Brown in action for Kirton Reserves.
Andy Brown in action for Kirton Reserves.

Benington were beaten by a strong Skegness Town Reserves in the battle between the teams in second and third place in the Taylors Garages Premier Division.

Tim Bell and Jamie Lawson netted for Benington, but they missed out 6-2.

Old Leake were narrowly defeated 2-1 at Swineshead. Alex Earle put the visitors in front but Chris Wing and Jack Houghton turned things around within five minutes.

Curtis Revell netted twice and Jordan Dixon also scored as leaders Wyberton beat Pointon 3-1. Sam Elliff replied for Pointon.

Kirton Town beat Spilsby Town 3-1 after a real feisty affair where two red cards were shown, one to Spilsby manager Gary Edgeley. Martin Durrant, Declan Sands (pen) and Chris Hilton won it for Kirton.

Old Doningtonians withdrew from their trip to Billinghay Athletic due to a shortage of players.

In the Taylors Peugeot Division One, new signing Nathan Padley helped Sutterton beat Wainfleet United 4-1. Danny Gatenby, Jason Allen and Anthony Brooks also found the net.

Woodhall Spa United beat Rippingale & Folkingham 4-2, and a late penalty saw Ruskington beat Fosdyke 1-0.

Billinghay Reserves beat Skegness United Reserves 6-3.

In the Taylors Ford Division Two, Nelson went down 3-0 at Holbeach Bank.

Friskney moved back to the top of the table following a 2-1 away win at Westside Rangers. Jobe Stainton and Jeremy Brown were the matchwinners.

Leverton played hosts to Heckington in a game of two contrasting halves. Nathan Rippin and Alex Tilley handed the hosts a 2-1 half-time lead, only for the away side to run out 6-2 winners.

With Boston College in Challenge Cup action, AFC Tetford moved top of the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three following a 4-0 home win against Park United.

Benington Reserves disposed of Rippingale & Folkingham Reserves. George Crewe (two) and Dan Sansam scored in a 3-0 home win.

Swineshead A came out on top of their clash at FC Hammers following their 4-2 away win. The Hammers scored through Scott Bates and Zak Mitchell but Swineshead returned home victorious following goals from Richard Barker (two), Josh Sands and Josh Smith.

There were no real shocks in the Main Ridge Take Away Reserve Cup quarter-finals, although third division Sutterton Reserves made Division One leaders Wyberton Reserves fight all the way for their 3-2 home win. Daniel Fletcher, Daniel Bourne and Nicky Syndercombe were on target for Wyberton Reserves and Brandon Norman and Tom Barkworth responded.

Wade Bradley’s goal saw Fishtoft Reserves edge past Mareham Reserves.

Division Two Kirton Reserves beat Division One outfit Pointon Reserves - although they needed a penalty shoot-out to do so.

Extra time finished at 3-3 with Richard Borrill (two) and Drew McGuire scoring for Kirton, before they succeeded 4-2 in the shoot-out.

The one Target Newspapers Challenge Cup tie of the week saw Division Three’s Boston College beat Division One outfit Coningsby 3-2. Shaun Taylor and Lee Gemmell scored for Coningsby.