Lewis Mundt scored before he received his marching orders.
Lewis Mundt scored before he received his marching orders.
Share this article

Benington ended a five-match winless streak with a tidy 3-2 away success at Spilsby Town in the Taylors Garages Premier Division.

Scott Elleray, Lewis Mundt and Tim Bell netted the matchwinning goals, but Mundt’s red card - for two bookable offences - and goals from Spilsby’s Matt Barker and Adam Dales set up a tense finale.

Kirton Town - who had to draft in club secretary Paul Fossitt to make up the numbers - put in a tremendous performance at title favourites Wyberton, although they eventually went down to a 6-0 drubbing.

Curtis Revell struck a hat-trick for Wyberton, while Dan Maddison scored twice and Ben Jaques grabbed the other.

Four of the six top-flight games were lost to the saturated pitch conditions.

In the Taylors Peugeot Division One, Fosdyke produced a master class in defending when a tough 0-0 draw was fought out against Ruskington Rovers.

A great double save from Fosdyke keeper Davis Ruduks and Gary O’Connor’s goalline clearance ensured a point was won.

Woodhall Spa beat Rippingale and Folkingham 3-1.

Mark Lovelace scored twice as Sutterton drew 2-2 with Skegness United Reserves.

There was a big shock at Taylors Ford Division Two leaders Friskney, where Westside Rangers earned a 4-1 away win.

Chris Harker netted for Friskney, but Jody Betts, James Leafe, Neal Wheatley and Michael Langley ended the hosts’ unbeaten league record.

Promotion-chasing rivals Leverton and Swineshead Reserves met at Sheepgate, with the hosts winning 2-1.

Giles Favell’s penalty gave Swineshead - who finished with 10 men following a vicious challenge - the lead, but Jake Portas’ spot kick and Liam Shinn’s strike won the contest.

Spalding Harriers beat Holbeach Bank 2-1 .

In the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three, Boston College and FC Kirton shared the points as Jamie Dawson, Lukas Klapp and an own goal earned the College their share of a 3-3 draw.

FC Hammers beat Pointon A 1-0 thanks to Jace Snade’s late finish.

Park United beat Benington Reserves - Chris Wright, Alex Limb and Tom Limb netting in a 3-0 success.

Richard Barker struck twice for Swineshead A in their 3-0 away win at Rippingale & Folkingham Reserves.

Josh Smith also got on the scoresheet.

Two goals from Thomas Holmes weren’t enough for Spalding Harriers Reserves at Holbeach Bank Reserves, going down 3-2.

Wyberton Reserves will meet Freiston Reserves in the final of the Main Ridge Take Away Reserve Cup, both Division One teams beating Division Two sides.

Freiston won 4-2 at Fishtoft Reserves, thanks to goals from Perrie Dale (two), Troy Ayton and Shane Brackenbury (pen). Fishtoft had Adam Vinter sent off after conceding a penalty, while their goals came from Wade Bradley and Neil Allen.

Wyberton won 4-2 at Kirton Town Reserves with Reece Beauchamp (two), Diogo Garcia and Ben Lawton cancelling out strikes from Gareth Clarke and Andy Brown.