Mark Ledger in action for Swineshead against Spalding Harriers.
Mark Ledger in action for Swineshead against Spalding Harriers.

There were three shock results in round three of Sharman Burgess Sports Cup.

FC Kirton, from Division Three, defeated first division Coningsby 3-2, while Ruskington Rovers, from Division One, disposed of Premier League leaders Wyberton 2-1... both ties going to extra time.

Swineshead's Jimmy Fletcher.

Swineshead's Jimmy Fletcher.

The other surprise came at Woodhall Spa United, where the first division outfit ousted Premier side Billinghay Athletic, winning 1-0 with Athletic also having a player sent off.

Tom Ragelis, Mitch Bradley and an own goal earned FC Kirton a 3-2 success while Ruskington Rovers snatched a last-ditch winner to send Wyberton tumbling out of the competition, 2-1.

Benington overcame a potential banana skin when they travelled to Division Three tittle-chasers AFC Tetford.

The Bell Brothers, Gavin and Tim, both claimed hat-tricks in a comfortable 7-1 away win, the other Benington goal coming from Rhys Cox.

Mareham United and Swineshead Institute’s contest was a cup and Premier Division double header.

Chris Wing strike and an own goal earned Swineshead a 2-0 double success while Mareham were left regretting a missed first-half penalty.

Leverton and Westside Rangers’ cup tie at Sheepgate saw the two sides play out a very tight game, with the hosts going through 2-1.

Westside took the lead, only for Alex Tilley to respond by neting a brace.

Spilsby Town and Old Leake fought out a 2-2 draw in the Premier Division.

Jonathan Slater and Antony Slater (pen) netted for the away side.

In Division One, Pointon defeated Billinghay Athletic Reserves 4-1 while Skegness United Reserves won 3-1 against Rippingale & Folkingham.

Swineshead Reserves got back to winning ways in Division Two with a 2-1 home win against Spalding Harriers.

Goals from Richard Barker and Richard Stukins settled the contest.

Heckington Millers went level on points at the top of the table after a 4-1 home win against Fishtoft Reserves, although Friskney still have two matches in hand.

Matt Joyes netted Fishtoft’s consolation.

Coningsby Reserves fell to a 4-2 home defeat at the hands of Kirton Town Reserves.

Jamie Todd and Stuart Clayton hit the Coningsby goals.

Division Three saw Boston College cement their place at the top of the table following a 5-1 away win at Benington Reserves.

Bobby Rogan grabbed the Benington goal but it was never going to be enough against a confident College side who ploughed on with goals from Nathan Rivett (two), Jamie Dawson, James Wright and Cameron Holland.

Several games were postponed due to the weather.