Perrie Dale.
Perrie Dale.

Swineshead’s Mason Bros Lincolnshire Junior Cup run came to an end at the semi-final stages.

The conditions played a part in the Tutes’ 2-0 home defeat to Lincolnshire League side Ruston Sports.

Richard Stukins.

Richard Stukins.

Ruston took the lead through a freak goal when a cross caught the swirling wind, taking the ball into the net, before adding a second on the break.

Swineshead’s Ben Harris broke his arm in the second half but, as his side had used all their substitutes, he bravely soldiered on until the final whistle.

In the Premier Division, Old Leake managed to conjure up a 1-0 away win in their derby match at Benington, Jonathan Slater’s header settling the contest.

Billinghay Athletic had a comfortable 5-0 win at Fishtoft while Spilsby Town and Skegness Town Reserves were involved in dour goal-less draw at Ancaster Avenue.

Skegness played most of the game a man down after having a player red carded for swearing at the referee.

The big clash of the day in Division One took place at the Danny Flear Centre where Freiston Reserves beat promotion rivals Ruskington Rovers 3-1.

Perrie Dale (two) and Frazer Bayliss scored the goals that saw Freiston move above their opponents into second.

Woodhall Spa United left Skegness United Reserves with a 2-1 victory but Wainfleet United have withdrawn from the league following a player shortage.

Division Two saw Friskney and Leverton play out a fiery encounter, which Friskney won 3-1.

Greg Brown (two) and Phil Hodgson won the match, while Joe Wood hit his side’s consolation.

Referee Steve Lea picked up a second-half injury, leaving Friskney sub Josh Brown to take over with the whistle.

Two goals from Daniel Holland were enough to give basement side Nelson a 2-1 victory over Mareham Reserves.

The winds were too strong at Holbeach Bank when their match against Fishtoft Reserves was postponed after just seven minutes, with the hosts leading 1-0.

Boston College produced one of their best performances of the season to overcome a good Park United side in Division Three.

The league leaders scored five times without reply.

AFC Tetford beat Rippingale & Folkingham Reserves 5-3 and Spalding Harriers Reserves came away from basement side Pointon A with a 2-0 success.

In the Barclays Brokers Willoughby Shield, Swineshead Reserves made it through to the second round after beating Kirton Town Reserves 4-3.

New signing Nic Stone (two), Richard Stukins and Richard Barker were the matchwinners.