Action from Wyberton versus Billinghay.
Action from Wyberton versus Billinghay.
Share this article

Taylors Garages Premier Division leaders Wyberton chalked up another valuable three points, beating Old Leake 2-1.

Dan Maddison and Dan White were the matchwinners, while Bert Snaith netted for the stubborn home side.

Spilsby Town lost 6-2 to an impressive Pointon side.

Kirton Town and Old Doningtonians shared the points in a dour 1-1 draw at Graves Park, Dean Seiner netting for the hosts.

Benington bounced back after two successive narrow defeats with a comfortable 3-0 home success over Mareham United.

Tom Baxter’s penalty and Gavin Bell’s brace settled the contest.

A Fishtoft side struggling for numbers as injuries started to take their toll had the difficult task of travelling to Swineshead to take on the second-placed side.

Declan Wilson put Fishtoft ahead, but they went down 6-1 as Nic Stone, Chris Wing, Jack Houghton, Tim Tyler, Mark Sharman and Paul Clarke all responed.

Freiston returned home from Billinghay Athletic wondering what had hit them after a last-gasp goal saw them lose 2-1.

In the Taylors Peugeot Division One, Freiston Reserves took all three points in a closely fought 2-1 home win against Coningsby.

Freiston’s strike-force duo of Perrie Dale and Troy Ayton hit the crucial match-winning goals and Coningsby replied through Andy Kelly.

Wyberton Reserves earned a thrilling 7-4 victory at the expense of Billinghay Reserves.

Reece Coddington (three), Reece Beauchamp (two), Ben Lawton and Nicky Syndercombe scored for Wyberton.

Wainfleet United’s request to withdraw their team from the Boston Saturday League has been approved.

Fishtoft Reserves had a welcome 2-1 home win against Coningsby Reserves in the Taylors Ford Division Two, goals from Luke Perkins and Liam Reece lifting them off the bottom of the table.

A last-gasp equaliser rescued a point for title-chasing Heckington Millers when they entertained Leverton.

Liam Shinn and Jake Portas’ penalty had handed Leverton a 2-1 lead, until the hosts pounced.

Friskney went back to the top with a 4-0 home win against Spalding Harriers, Greg Brown (three) and Rob Jackson (pen) settled the contest.

In the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three, cup giant killers Park United were brought crashing back down to earth with a 5-0 home defeat at the hands of a strong Rippingale & Folkingham Reserve side.

Pointon A slipped to a 3-2 home defeat when promotion-seeking AFC Tetford were the visitors.

Spalding Harriers Reserves and Benington Reserves couldn’t be separated following a 2-2 draw.

The Target Newspaper Challenge Cup saw Swineshead A book their place in the final, knocking holders Fosdyke out following a 4-1 home win.

Richard Barker (three) and Josh Smith won it while Ruslan Dukalskis hit a consolation.

There was also one quarter final tie to be played, and that needed extra time and penalties before Division Thre side Boston College were triumphant, defeating Division One Sutterton.

The tie finished 2-2 after extra time following goals from College’s Jamie Dawson and Nathan Rivett.

College then won 4-3 on spot kicks.

In the BB Insure Willoughby Cup, Skegness Town Reserves made it through to the last four following a 2-1 home win against Woodhall Spa United.