Jed Stainton netted for Friskney.
Jed Stainton netted for Friskney.

Neil Johnson rounds up the latest action from the Boston Saturday Football League...

Taylors Garages Premier Division

In a game of few chances, Coningsby and Fishtoft settled for a share of the points following their goalless draw.

The nearest Coningsby came to breaking the deadlock was when Tom Sewell struck the upright in the last 10 minutes.

Benington and Old Leake shared the derby spoils after a 1-1 Premier Division draw.

The visitors would have been the happier of the two sides with the point after playing more than 50 minutes with only 10 men following the dismissal of Pete Sampson.

The Old Leake player received his marching orders after hauling down Gavin Bell when the striker was clean through, and the referee deemed the offence as a last-man foul.

Ash Jackson had earlier headed Old Leake in front before Benington equalised through Tim Bell.

Old Leake then defended resolutely and in numbers after the sending off as Benington were unable to find a way through - although they went mighty close in the dying minutes but Leake keeper Mitch Griffiths tipped over a goal-bound effort.

Ruskington Rovers continue to show improvement after they gave Wyberton Reserves a really tight battle before going down 2-1.

Ashley Farmer grabbed the Ruskington goal while the visitors took maximum points with goals from Jonny Butler and Nicky Syndercombe - a win that takes Wyberton to the top of the table.

The games at Heckington Millers, Kirton Town and Spilsby Town had to be called off due to waterlogged pictures.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

Leverton took the short trip to Freiston, and after a closely-fought opening, the visitors took the lead when Alex Lote’s angled drive broke the deadlock via a deflection before Freiston were awarded a penalty, which was duly converted by Mark Lovelace to make the half-time score 1-1.

Leverton came out for the second half in a completely different mood, and were soon in front when Joe Daubney slotted home to restore the visitor’s lead.

Ford then released Daubney with a perfect through ball which was smashed home, before Dom Goddard hit a brace that took his tally to 50 goals in 29 games for the club.

In between, Daubney managed to seal his hat-trick.

Ford then almost broke the crossbar with a thunderous overhead scissor kick before Daubney hit his fourth to seal the final score of 7-1.

Friskney’s first game of the new year saw them gain three valuable points following a 5-0 away win at Old Doningtonians, with Donovan Vickers grabbing two of the goals.

The other Friskney strikes came from Jed Stainton, Greg Brown and Rob Jackson.

Fosdyke’s Christmas break was book-ended by back to back games with Sutterton.

At the end of last year Fosdyke ran out 7-1 winners away from home before this new year clash saw a slight improvement for the basement side, they fell to a 6-1 away defeat this time around.

On a muddy home field the first half consisted of an unusually sluggish Fosdyke side keeping the ball for long spells of possession but lacking any real dynamic urgency to break down the much improved and stubborn visitors’ back line.

Fosdyke’s Ian Jack Smith was the first keeper to be called in to action palming away a speculative long range effort, an incident that acted as wake up call to the Tangerines.

From then on Fosdyke continued to dominate and Leon Marsh forced the Sutterton stopper in to a great save with a curling shot that was heading for the far post before being clawed to safety.

Finally Fosdyke had been spurred in to action and the deadlock was finally broken when Leon Marsh and Matthew Scott broke through before Marsh rolled the ball forward, allowing Scott to wallop home for a 1-0 half time lead.

A much more assertive approach was taken in the second half and the Christmas hangover was well and truly blown away as Fosdyke started hitting the target.

Within minutes of the re-start the Sutterton back line were being blitzed and the second goal came when Zac Chapman fired in a low cross in and Leon Marsh was on hand to finish off.

Within minutes Matt Bates muscled himself in to a goal side position and all his marker could do was bring the striker down in the box.

Not to be denied, Bates converted the spot-kick to make it 3-0.

The striker went very close to a second when his thunderous volley was incredibly punched away by the keeper before Zac Chapman was rewarded for a great performance when he added a fourth with an emphatic strike.

Substitute Luke Smith, with his first touch of the game, poked home a fifth before Sutterton struck a consolation goal to make it 5-1.

The best was saved until last when player-manager Marv Jolly capped a fine win with a sublime moment of magic on the edge of the box, latching on to a great through ball from Danny Beecham the veteran slipped his marker with an outrageous turn before firing a powerful finish in to the top of the net.

Woodhall Spa United soon found themselves trailing to league leaders Boston College with a Matthew Sargeant own goal not helping their cause, and it was soon 2-0 before Alex Abraham pulled a goal back.

The College scored once more during the first half to lead 3-1 at the break.

Woodhall’s Chris Holland scored again after the break but the College remain on course for promotion with two further goals to run out 5-2 winners.

Taylors Ford Division Two

Kirton Town Reserves got back to winning ways with a fine 5-2 away win at Swineshead A.

Dean Seiner and Curtis Lane were both on target for the home side but Kirton proved the stronger side on the day.

The other Kirton side, FC Kirton also took maximum points with a 2-1 away win at Pointon Reserves.

The Pointon goals came from Sam Husband.

Mareham United conceded two own goals as they fell to a 5-1 defeat at home against AFC Tetford.

Three games were lost in Division two, at Billinghay Reserves, Eastern European FC and Railway Athletic.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

In what were difficult conditions for both teams to get going, Leverton Reserves were first to strike when Deividas Urbsys finished well from close range after some good counter attacking play.

Leverton had chances to extend their lead but failed to capitalise, and this was the theme up until the latter part of the game when a defensive error allowed Boston Athletic to have an easy chance on goal, and they finished in style.

Leverton finally stepped up their game and a dangerous free kick was headed across goal where Sam Bird nodded home to regain their lead and ultimately give them the three points.

Boston Titans’ marked improvement was again evident following an impressive 7-2 away win at Northgate Olympic.

That makes it two wins out of two since the turn of the year and , in striker, Matt Howden have a goal poacher on top of his game.

Hot-shot Howden’s five goals last Saturday made it eight goals in two games with Ben Charlton grabbing the other two.

A Joe Wade hat-trick helped Pointon A to a fine 4-3 home win against FC Hammers.

Mark Smith struck the other Pointon goal.

The game between Spalding Harriers and Wyberton A was postponed because of a saturated pitch and the two games on the Reserve Cup semi-finals were also lost to the weather.