BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Snaith settles battle of the Premier League top two

Friskney's Adam Cameron bursts forward.
Friskney's Adam Cameron bursts forward.

The Taylors Garages Premier Division’s big clash saw Swineshead Institute beat Spilsby Town in the battle of the top two.

Alex Snaith’s strike was enough for the Tutes to claim three vital points.

Friskney's Lee Bradley and Chris Wing of Old Dons do battle.

Friskney's Lee Bradley and Chris Wing of Old Dons do battle.

Gavin Bell bagged a late winner as Benington returned from Pointon with maximum points after a seven-goal thriller.

Jonny Cheer (two) and Tim Bell also found the net in a 4-3 success.

Jordan Lote netted twice as Fishtoft won 3-1 at Woodhall Spa.

Liam Ogden also tucked away a penalty after Woodhall had a man dismissed for handling on the line.

Action from Old Dons versus Friskney.

Action from Old Dons versus Friskney.

Struggling Mareham United lost 8-4 at home to Billinghay Athletic, with Glenn Brookes, Callum Wilkinson, Aaron Thompson and Darren Tate grabbing their consolations.

In the Taylors Peugeot Division One, Ollie Gedney scored for Old Doningtonians but Friskney left with a 3-1 victory thanks to Andy Carter, Rob Jackson and Lee Bradley.

In a topsy-turvy encounter Sutterton beat Freiston4-2 with goals coming from Harry Hall, Dean Seiner, Reece Fletcher and Kieran Rogers.

Heckington Millers beat Rippingale & Folkingham 5-0 and Sleaford Colts beat Coningsby 2-0.

Leverton’s freescoring continued in the Taylors Ford Division Two as they beat Sibsey 6-0.

Dom Goddard (two, one pen), Nathan Hubbert, Ben Reeson, Joe Daubney (pen) and Alex Tilley all scored.

Boston College hammered Holbeach Bank 10-0, with James Wright (four), Cameron Holland (three), Ben Webb, Jamie Dawson and Sheradon Goodhand all on the scoresheet.

Spalding Harriers held Swineshead A to a 2-2 draw.

Nelson and Westside Rangers played out a 2-2 draw despite Chris Forbes and Jake Portas handing Nelson a 2-0 lead.

FC Kirton beat AFC Tetford 1-0 thanks to James Ford.

In the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three, Friskney Reserves went down to a 3-1 home defeat at the hands of Rippingale & Folkingham Reserves. Friskney’s goal came from Adam Waples.

Park United’s excellent run of form came to a halt against high-flying Railway Athletic, Liam Nimmo (two) and Brandon Norman earning a 3-0 success.

Boston Athletic’s Michael McPhail gave his side the adbantage but Eastern European FC came from behind to win 3-1.

The game between FC Hammers and Pointon A had 0-0 written all over it until Pointon’s James Gough scored with a simple tap in late on.

Benington crashed out of the Main Ridge Take Away Reserve Cup at the quarter-final stage as AFC Tetford Reserves cruised to a 5-1 success, despite Jamie Lawson’s consolation.

Fishtoft’s Reserves are into the semi-finals following their 6-0 demolition of Billinghay Reserves.

Wade Bradley (three), Tom Hill (two) and Dan Anderson were the matchwinners.

Coningsby Reserves were down to 10 men after three minutes at Kirton Town Reserves when Matthew Brader received a straight red card for a deliberate handball offence.

Richard Borrill (three), Dan Summerfield, Darren Elding, Andy Macguire, Alex Cammack and Leandro Silva all found the net for Kirton in the second half to win 8-0.

The tie at Swineshead Reserves failed to take place after Spalding Harriers Reserves claimed that they didn’t have enough players to make the trip.