BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Swineshead turn the heat up on leaders

Benington's Matthew Hood and Swineshead's Mark Sharman challenge.
Benington's Matthew Hood and Swineshead's Mark Sharman challenge.

Swineshead remain hot on the heels of Taylors Garages Premier Division leaders Spilsby after winning 4-0 at Benington.

Kieran Rose scored a hat-trick and and Mark Sharman also netted.

Ben Newton (Benington) and Robbie Masters (Swineshead) batle in the air.

Ben Newton (Benington) and Robbie Masters (Swineshead) batle in the air.

Spilsby Town remain on top of the table by goal difference following a 4-1 away win at Skegness Town Reserves.

Woodhall Spa United hit both the post and bar before visitors Wyberton Reserves left with a 2-1 victory thanks to goals from Diogo Garcia and Nicky Syndercombe.

Kirton Town lost their injured keeper after an hour and Fishtoft capitalised to run out 6-1 winers, the matchwinners being Neil Allen (two), Jamie Kuhn (two), Davidas Urbsys and Harry Bunce.

Mareham United lost 4-1 at home to Ruskington Rovers, Aaron Thompson netting their consolation.

Old Leake and Pointon played out a goalless draw.

In the Taylors Peugeot Division One, Pointon Reserves and Old Doningtonians drew 3-3.

Sleaford Colts beat Freiston 3-2, the away side scoring through Patrick Kacirek and Troy Ayton.

An amazing 10-goal encounter saw Swineshead Reserves come from 5-0 down to earn a point against Friskney.

Friskney’s goals came from Ryan Appleton (three), Jed Stainton and Greg Brown while Michael Wood (three), Nic Stone and Liam Murphy completed the comeback.

Billinghay Athletic Reserves beat FC Kirton 4-3 in their Taylors Ford Division Two contest.

In the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three, Park United won 3-2 at Friskney Reserves courtesy of Ben Dean, Tom Limb and Ryan Huskisson.

Rippingale & Folkingham Reserves won 3-1 at Spalding Harriers Reserves.

In the Target Newspapers Challenge Cup, Eastern European FC recorded an 8-0 away win at Holbeach Bank.

Railway Athletic’s Damian Gibbons claimed a double hat-trick as his side beat FC Boston 11-1. Liam Nimmo (two), Danny Clayton, Brandon Norman and Steve Appleby also scored.

Also in round one, first division Fosdyke went down 3-2 to Division Two Westside Rangers. Neal Wheatley scored two penalties and Tom Bates was also on target, while James Hawkes and Tom Collins replied for the hosts.

Boston Athletic were beaten 6-2 at home by AFC Tetford, their consolations coming from Luke Everitt and Matt Howden.

Coningsby needed penalties to get past Heckington Millers. Carl Wilson netted the Coningsby goal in a 1-1 draw, before they won 4-2 on spot kicks.

Boston College’s Nathan Rivett hit a hat-trick in their 4-1 away win at FC Hammers.

Troy Randles struck the other College goal while Scott Bates replied for the Hammers.

Swineshead A beat Sutterton 3-0 at home, their goals coming courtesy of Dan Ryecroft, Paul Clarke and George Bakes.

Nelson beat Leverton 4-3, Pointon A beat Sibsey 2-0 and Rippingale & Folkingham beat Spalding Harriers 3-1.