Fishtoft get rude awakening in the Boston Saturday League Premier Division

Declan Wilson hooks clear for Fishtoft.
Declan Wilson hooks clear for Fishtoft.

THIS week’s Boston Saturday Football League round-up, by Neil Johnson...

Taylors Garages Premier Division

FISHTOFT began life back in the Premier Division with some harsh lessons learnt – going down 5-1 at home to Wyberton.

Some defensive lapses presented Wyberton with a 2-0 lead in the first quarter of an hour before Curtis Revell pulled a goal back.

And the same player went desperately close to levelling the scores with a well-struck effort from a corner.

Fishtoft continued looking bright after the break but they couldn’t find the crucial equaliser and after 70 minutes they got caught out with a counter-attack and suddenly they were 3-1 down.

Fishtoft conceded two further goals with the fifth and final effort coming in the last minute.

Wyberton’s goals came from Dan White (two), Dan Maddison, Chris Rutt and Curtis Yeatman.

OLD Doningtonians came out on top of their seven goal thriller when they entertained Billinghay Athletic.

Former Boston United winger Andrew Stanhope and Sam Eyett both scored twice in a 4-3 home win.

BENINGTON paraded their new strike-force when they kicked off their campaign with a thumping 5-1 away win at Spilsby Town.

Strikers Tim Bell (three), Gavin Bell and Sam Louth hit the match-winning goals in their impressive victory.

Michael Twigg replied for Town.

POINTON recorded their first victory of the season when they defeated Kirton Town 3-1 at home.

Goals from Dave Wilson, Sam Husband and Jack Alexander secured victory as Kirton Town fell to their second successive defeat.

SKEGNESS Town Reserves and Old Leake shared the points following their 2-2 draw.

Josh Whittam and Michael Parnham were on target for Skegness, while Adam Lester and Adam Tempest earned Old Leake their first point of the season.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

WRANGLE United beat Woodhall Spa United 8-1.

Woodhall’s opening match of the season didn’t get off to the best of starts.

Wrangle opened the scoring when Chris Shipley fired home from 20 yards and Woodhall’s defence continued to panic everytime Tom Martin received the ball.

Martin’s electrifying pace was evident when he beat two defenders before crossing to Scott MacKay to volley home.

A rare Dan Anderson goal put Wrangle 3-0 ahead.

Magician Martin had the final say of the first half when he danced through the visiting defence to make it 4-0.

Woodhall re-organised at the half-time break and they did perform much better in the second half, but the Wrangle attack was relentless and Owen Morgan made it 5-0 when he burst through before calmly finishing.

Martin again caused problems as his powerful run and shot into the bottom corner made it six on the hour mark before Woodhall finally got on the scoresheet from the penalty spot.

Mackay took centre stage late on with two goals to complete his hat-trick and make the final score 8-1 to Wrangle.

SPALDING Town slumped to their second heavy defeat in successive weeks when they found Freiston Reserves in top form at the Danny Flear Centre – although at the half-time break things looked very different.

Freiston started well and soon found themselves 2-0 in front, but Spalding hit back and levelled the scores to make it all-square at the interval.

The second half saw Freiston take control of the game as Town lost their way... and five goals found the visitor’s net without reply.

Goals came from Troy Ayton (two), Jamie Elson (two), Reece Coddington, Danny Darwin, and man of the match Perry Dales in a 7-2 score-line.

FRASER Howseman struck a fine hat-trick for Billinghay Athletic Reserves in their 6-3 home win against Wainfleet United.

His final goal was a thunderous shot – claimed to be one of the best goals ever scored on the home ground.

WYBERTON Reserves and Mareham United shared the points at the Causeway following their 1-1 draw.

Alex Poole was on target for Wyberton.

Taylors Ford Division Two

FOSDYKE’S unbeaten start continued with a 2-2 draw against Leverton.

Fosdyke held a 2-1 half time lead following two Matt Howden goals.

His first was a great turn and finish, while his second was served up on a plate for him when a great move down the right flank provided the simple opening.

Leverton proved a real threat when going forward and they deservedly pulled a a goal back just before the break.

A controversial goal in the second half brought Leverton level when Fosdyke keeper Sam Leafe dropped a high cross and, as he went down to gather up the loose ball, he was bundled into the net.

With the referee unsighted, the goal was allowed to stand.

Leverton had to withstand a Fosdyke onslaught late on and hot-shot Howden should have wrapped up the victory but two incredible misses kept the game level at 2-2.

The first was a free header and the second effort was blazed over when the goal was at his mercy.

Conor Wroot and Steve Green hit the Leverton goals.

A SINGLE James Todd goal was enough to send Queens Rangers home empty-handed as Coningsby Reserves took the points following a 1-0 home win.

JIMMY Harris hit a hat-trick for Mareham United Reserves in their 6-3 home win against Park United.

Daniel Hines, Kirk Llewellyn and Jay Lloyd completed the scoring for Mareham.

Park hit back with goals from Alex Limb, Jamie Lewis and Steffan Furnell.

SUTTERTON hit nine in their home fixture with Fishtoft Reserves following a 9-3 home win.

Ian Bircumshaw came off the bench to claim a hat-trick while Danny Mindham hit two goals.

The other Sutterton goals came from Michael Swain, Kieran Gatenby, Ian Shooter and Adam Bell.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

TULIP chalked up their second win when goals from Jason James and Craig Spooner secured a 2-0 home win against Sutterton Reserves.

JOHN Mott struck a hat-trick for Pointon A in their home game against Spilsby Town Reserves, but it wasn’t enough to earn any reward following a 5-4 defeat.

Spilsby’s Jake Smith went two better than Mott hitting all five of his side’s goals.

FOSDYKE Reserves travelled to Burgh United with a threadbare side due to injuries and illness – and their cause wasn’t helped when Sergio Roquetti was carried off after just two minutes.

However, the visitors produced a storming team performance to run out 2-0 winners.

Goals from Drew McGuire and Chidi Mbata ensured a good journey back home and goalkeeper Phil Brennan also contributed with a vital penalty save to thwart a Burgh comeback.

RECENT transfer Giles Favell proved his goalscoring abilities for new club Swineshead Reserves with a hat-trick in his side’s 4-0 away win at FC Hammers.

Dan Thompson struck the other Swineshead goal.

The first goal was created by Max Elsam’s run and cross from the left flank before a quick free-kick saw Aaron Bates cross for Favell.

Elsam provided Thompson with the second goal and it was a slick one-two interchange between Thompson and Favell which saw the latter round the keeper and slot home to make the final score 4-0.

WOODHALL Spa United Reserves were forced to withdraw their second-string side before a ball was kicked.

Mason Bros Lincs Junior Cup

BOSTON United Community were unceremoniously dumped out of the Lincs Junior Cup – going down 22-0 at home to Moulton Harrox.

Credit must given to the home side who played the game in the right spirit and battled away to the final whistle.