Saturday Football League: Giant killings in the Sharman Burgess Sports Cup

Kyle Booth scores for Nelson.
Kyle Booth scores for Nelson.

Nick Johnson rounds up the action from the Boston Saturday Football League...

There were three giant killings in the Sharman Burgess Sports Cup omn Saturday.

Coningsby, from Division One, recorded a superb 1-0 away win at Premier side Pointon and Division Two outfit Ruskington Rovers won 5-1 at first division Skegness United Reserves.

Nelson, from Division Two, heaped more misery on Division One strugglers Wainfleet. Liam Shinn (two), Ben Burton, Matthew Bray and Kyle Gibbons scored in a 5-0 success.

Old Leake beat Spilsby Town 5-2 in an all-Premier clash, Bert Snaith (four) and Adam Lester doing the damage. Dan Smith scored Town’s goals.

Premier leaders Wyberton beat basement side Fishtoft. Curtis Yeatman (four), Curtis Revell and Dan White netted in a 6-4 win, with Neil Allen (two), John McGarel and Leon Pycock replying.

Billinghay Athletic beat Premier rivals Benington, Ross Don-Duncan grabbing a consolation in a 2-1 defeat.

Friskney lost 5-4 to holders Wrangle United. Sam Duff, Joe Pitcher, Owen Morgan, Jon McLeod and Scott McKay were matchwinners, with Joe Taylor, Greg Brown (two) and Jed Stainton netting for Friskney.

Woodhall Spa edged home 4-3 against Leverton, scoring three times in the final nine minutes. Leverton played the final 30 minutes with 10 men after Alex Tilley was sent off.

Swineshead thumped Burgh United 9-1. Paul Clarke (four), Jack Houghton (three), Shaun Boothby and Mark Sharman hit the winning goals.

Holbeach Bank won 4-2 against Mareham United.

FC Hammers lost 2-0 to Skegness Town Reserves - James Bland and Adrian Verheul scoring.

Spalding Town’s Tomasz Rabiega pounced twice as his teamn beat FC Kirton 4-2. Nicky Watson and an own goal also ended Kirton’s hopes.

In the Taylors Peugeot Division One, Freiston Reserves won 5-2 at Pointon Reserves. Dean Seiner – who will now trsansfer to Kirton Town – scored a hat-trick, while Reece Coddington and Perrie Dale were on target.

Queens Rangers’ Taylors Ford Division Two match against Park United didn’t go ahead, Rangers being suspended from ther league due to outstanding fines.

Fishtoft Reserves lost 6-0 at Mareham United Reserves, Steve Hunter and Danny Hinchcliffe both striking twice for the home side, while Stephen Hinchcliffe and Tom Dickinson completed the scoring.

In the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three, Fisdyke Reserves won 8-1 at Benington Reserves. Andy Brown (four), Criag Owens (two), Scott Brackenbury, Dan Pearce found the net.

Leaders Swineshead Reserves hit seven against Holbeach Bank Reserves. Dan Thompson and Richard Stukins both grabbed two goals apiece while the others came from Callum Karpyszyn, Giles Favell and George Bakes.

Spalding Harriers won 2-0 against Pointon A.