Saturday League round-up:

Swineshead Reserves' hat-trick Giles Favell skips past DJ Wright of Tulip. Photo: David Dawson.
Swineshead Reserves' hat-trick Giles Favell skips past DJ Wright of Tulip. Photo: David Dawson.
Share this article

THIS week’s Boston Saturday Football League report, by Neil Johnson...

Fishtoft Cup

JONNY Butler hit six of Old Doningtonians’ goals in their 7-1 home win against Skegness Town Reserves.

Butler had helped himself to five goals by half time and he added another one after the break.

Liam Pitts also got on the scoresheet for a rampant Dons side.

FORMER Dons striker Chris Wing hit two goals for new side Swineshead Institute in their 6-0 demolition of Coningsby.

The other home goals came from Jack Houghton, Richard Barker, Shaun Boothby and an own goal.

WRANGLE United carried their impressive league form into the Fishtoft Cup to dump Premier Division side Freiston out of the competition at the first hurdle.

The Division One side had to overcome their opponent’s physical approach as Freiston attempted to unsettle Wrangle’s passing game.

Freiston’s plan seemed to pay dividends as they opened the scoring when they pounced onto a loose ball following Wrangle keeper Joe Gresswell’s fumble.

Freiston’s joy was shortlived as Wrangle levelled the tie almost instantly, Scott MacKay firing home an unstoppable first-time shot from 25 yards.

Wrangle edged in front before the break as MacKay struck again to continue his rich vein of goalscoring.

Owen Morgan produced a stylish finish after the interval to complete a 3-1 win.

Old Leake won 6-0 against Woodhall Spa United.

Adam Tempest hit a hat-trick for Leake while Dominic Cridland, Luke Stocks and Bert Snaith completed the scoring.

FISHTOFT entertained Wyberton and both sides produced an exciting tie before the visitors went through 5-3.

A makeshift Fishtoft side took a shock lead through Neil Allen before Wyberton levelled the tie from a corner.

Pete Coonan restored Fishtoft’s lead, only for the visitors to equalise, again from a corner.

Fishtoft were forced to play the second half with only 10 men after losing Mark Wakefield – and with no substitutes available, the home side now had a distinct disadvantage.

But despite falling behind within the opening minute, Fishtoft bravely struck back to level at 3-3, Allen claiming his second goal of the game.

A terrific free kick put Wyberton back in front before they grabbed a fifth.

Curtis Yeatman (two), Dan White, Elliott Pogson and Ben Jacques netted for Wyberton.

SPILSBY Town eased through to the next round following a 2-0 away win at Mareham United thanks to goals from Des Rook and Michael Twigg.

Taylors Garages Premier Division

BENINGTON will be mighty relieved to have claimed maximum points in their home game against Pointon – especially as their resources were stretched to the limit.

Both Benington sides were in action on Saturday for the first time, with the basic 22 players available.

However, the situation didn’t seem to faze Benington in the slightest as they romped home to a 3-0 win.

Ben Hardstaff (two) and Gavin Bell were on target to send them top of the Premier Division

Taylors Peugeot Division One

WYBERTON Reserves and Freiston Reserves were involved in crazy high-scoring encounter at the Causeway, where 11 goals were scored.

Freiston left with a 6-5 victory.

Their strike partnership of Troy Ayton and Perrie Dale did most of the damage as both scored twice.

David Whalley and Tom Deamer were also on target for the visitors.

Wyberton went close with goals from Nicky Syndercombe (two), Kane Watson, Sam Towell and Dan Johnson.

SPALDING Harriers had a comfortable 4-2 home win against Skegness United Reserves, with Marcin Minczynski scoring twice.

Cameron Cope and Aiden Doherty also got on the scoresheet for the Spalding side.

TWO games failed to go ahead due to a lack of players.

Boston United Community had selection problems after conceding double figures in all of their opening games so far.

The club will be having a crisis meeting this week to decide the future of the club. Pointon Reserves will most likely be awarded to the points.

Spalding Town couldn’t raise a side for their trip to Billinghay Reserves.

Taylors Ford Division Two

SUTTERTON are already emerging as favourites for promotion after recording their third successive victory.

The new-look side which includes a major influx of ex-Wyberton Reserves players proved far too strong for Queens Rangers at Tattershall Road as they romped to a 3-0 away win.

Joe Hallam, Danny Mindham and Ian Bircumshaw grabbed the goals.

THE mighty Nelson continued their impressive form with a storming 7-0 away win at Coningsby Reserves.

Liam Shinn was in red-hot form, firing home five of his side’s goals.

Ben Swift grabbed the other two.

LUKE Chilvers hit two goals for Holbeach Bank in their 4-2 home win against Mareham United Reserves.

Paul Sellars and Graeme Hunt completed the scoring.

A WELL-contested game at Leverton was evenly balanced until Kirton Town Reserves broke the deadlock after 20 minutes following a goalmouth scramble.

Leverton levelled the scores when the unfortunate Chris Rollings sliced the ball past his own goalkeeper.

The home side then edged in front for the first time when a great strike from Steve Green flew into the net.

However, two questionable linesman decisions cost Leverton further goals before half time

Kirton managed to haul themselves level before a great cross found Will Chalmers at the back post to restore Leverton’s lead at 3-2.

Adam Busby then rattled the Kirton post before a final cruel twist for Leverton – a deflected strike seeing Town equalise with their final attack of the game.

WESTSIDE Rangers drew 1-1 at home with Old Dons Reserves.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

FRISKNEY’S fine start came to an end when visitors Spalding Harriers Reserves spoilt the party.

The Spalding side opened the scoring after 10 minutes following a defensive mix-up.

Things went from bad to worse for Friskney after the break as Spalding hit two further goals to lead 3-0.

Phil Hodgson managed to pull a goal back for the home side with 12 minutes remaining, but Harriers hung on for a 3-1 victory.

FC Hammers provided the opposition for Pointon A and the Hammers were pleased with the outcome as they won 3-1.

GILES Favell struck his second successive hat-trick when Swineshead Reserves won 7-0 at Tuilp FC.

Dan Thompson was on the scoresheet with a double, while George Bakes and Harry Houghton completed the rout.